Step 2: Safe Burning
- Prior to burning, you must check The Alberta Fire Bans Website, or call 1-888-808-3722 to check the burn status in your area.
Burning Agricultural Land
If you are burning Agricultural lands (range/pasture, swaths or stubble), the Agricultural Manager must be contacted 48 hours in advance of the burn.
- Use a container no greater than 2 feet in length, width and height
- Burn clean dry wood
- Burn 25 meters (82 feet) away from any building, structure, property line, tree, hedge, fence, roadway, overhead wire or other combustible articles.
- Do not cause discomfort to other people.
- Have your burn permit on hand and ready for proof of permit during the burn.
Online Burn Permit Application
- Good for three (3) days from the date of issue.
- Revocable at any time by Vulcan County Fire Department, or by the authority having jurisdiction.
- Must be on hand at all time during the burn.
- You MUST call 1-888-808-3722 prior to burning
- If you are NOT the property owner, you must obtain permission from the owner. Complete the Owner's Permission to Burn Form (pdf).