Vulcan Municipal Fire Permit System

Step 2: Safe Burning

  • Prior to burning, you must check The Alberta Fire Bans Website,  or call 1-888-808-3722 to check the burn status in your area.

    Burning Agricultural Land

    If you are burning Agricultural lands (range/pasture, swaths or stubble), the Agricultural Manager must be contacted 48 hours in advance of the burn.

    Call: (403)485-3103

  • Use a container no greater than 2 feet in length, width and height
  • Burn clean dry wood
  • Burn 25 meters (82 feet) away from any building, structure, property line, tree, hedge, fence, roadway, overhead wire or other combustible articles.
  • Do not cause discomfort to other people.
  • Have your burn permit on hand and ready for proof of permit during the burn.

Online Burn Permit Application

  • Good for three (3) days from the date of issue.
  • Revocable at any time by Vulcan County Fire Department, or by the authority having jurisdiction.
  • Must be on hand at all time during the burn.
  • You MUST call 1-888-808-3722 prior to burning
  • If you are NOT the property owner, you must obtain permission from the owner. Complete the Owner's Permission to Burn Form (pdf).

Proceed to Step 3